VHDL / FPGA Design Engineer
Celestia Antwerp BV is active in the space sector enabling customers to fulfill their needs when it comes to Satellite Integration with products reaching from Ground Station Products to Test Systems.
Are you driven by highly innovative technical environment? Are you looking for challenges enabling you to take an active role in Space programs? Then we may have a good news for you as Celestia Antwerp is actively looking for hiring
VHDL / FPGA Design Engineer
The VHDL / FPGA Design Engineer will join the department in charge of the development of satellite communication products which are part of the RF chain linking the ground station Antenna (S-Band up to Ka-Band) to its Central Control Station. These include equipment covering a wide span of products such as high-speed data receivers used in scientific missions, telecommand and telemetry baseband modems, RF frequency converters and many others.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- He / she will be involved in product system design, identifying, designing and documenting the embedded hardware components related to VDHL and FPGA implementation
- He / she will be instrumental in the development of the FPGA cores integrated in our products from initial simulation onto practical implementation
- He / she will define the test plans and procedures to perform the FPGA core verification in its operating environment
- He / she will execute pro-actively all necessary simulations and consolidate all results obtained.
- He / she will secure his / her FW deliverables through wise unit testing coverage.
- He / she might support business development activities in drafting high-level technical architecture which meet the customer's high-level objectives.
- He / she might represent the company’s endeavours by participating to conferences and presenting technical achievements.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master / PhD in Electronics or equivalent through experience.
- Expertise with Digital Communication Systems (e.g. Modulator, Demodulator, (Up/Down) Sampling, Decimator, Interpolator, Filtering, Encoding/Decoding, ADC / DAC, PCIe, LVDS, etc…).
- In-depth knowledge in VLSI design and proven working experience with FPGA's (Altera / Intel / Xilinx) within their proprietary development environment and design tools.
- Familiarity with system programming and embedded languages (Python, C, Pascal) and their development environment is considered an asset.
- Linux kernel device driver development skills is an asset.
- Technical leadership.
- Ability to write technical documentation.
- Motivated, team player, dynamic, sense of ownership and commitment.
A professional and stimulating working environment in the space sector. We also offer you an attractive remuneration with many fringe benefits.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org