Since 60 years, Celestia Antwerp BV is active in the space sector enabling customers to fulfill their needs when it comes to Satellite Integration with products reaching from Ground Station Products to Test Systems.
Are you driven by a highly innovative technical environment? Are you looking for challenges enabling you to take an active role in Space programs? Then we may have good news for you as Celestia Antwerp is actively looking for hiring a
Modem System Engineer
The Modem System Engineer will join the department in charge of the development of satellite communication products. These are part of the RF chain linking the ground station Antenna (S-Band up to Ka-Band) to its Central Control Station. These include equipment covering a wide span of products such as high-speed data receivers used in scientific missions, telecommand and telemetry baseband modems, RF frequency converters and many others.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Take the leadership role in the design and the development of the modem functions and will document the algorithm & architectural design choices made
- Execute pro-actively all necessary simulations and consolidate all results obtained
- Define the test plans and the procedures to assess the modem performances
- Support business development activities in drafting high-level modem architecture meeting customer high-level objectives issued through RFP
- Participate to conferences and sometimes present technical achievements
Qualifications and Experience
- Master / PhD in Telecommunications engineering or equivalent through experience
- Profound knowledge in Signal Processing Theory (Sampling, coding / decoding, modulation / demodulation, signal acquisition, filtering, AGC, ADC/DAC, control loops, etc.)
- Highly skilled in Matlab and C/C++ programming
- Proven experience with parallelism design & development taking benefits of CPUs & GPUs (SSE / AVX, openCL, Cuda) are strong assets
- Affinity with FPGA design constraints, ability to generate test vectors
- Technical leadership
- Ability to write technical documents
- Motivated, team player, dynamic, sense of ownership and commitment
A professional and stimulating KMO environment with a good work-life balance in the space sector. People entering Celestia Antwerp can rely on the experience of on-board people to get started. We also offer you an attractive remuneration with many fringe benefits: hospitalization insurance, group insurance, travel insurance, meal vouchers, eco cheques,...
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org