Modem System Engineer
Celestia Antwerp BV is active in the space sector enabling customers to fulfill their needs when it comes to Satellite Integration with products reaching from Ground Station Products to Test Systems.
Are you driven by highly innovative technical environment? Are you looking for challenges enabling you to take an active role in Space programs? Then we may have a good news for you as Celestia Antwerp is actively looking for hiring a
Modem System Engineer
The Modem System Engineer will join the department in charge of the development of satellite communication products which are part of the RF chain linking the ground station Antenna (S-Band up to Ka-Band) to its Central Control Station. These include equipment covering a wide span of products such as high-speed data receivers used in scientific missions, telecommand and telemetry baseband modems, RF frequency converters and many others.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- He / she will take the leadership role in the design and the development of the modem functions and will document the algorithm & architectural design choices made.
- He / she will execute pro-actively all necessary simulations and consolidate all results obtained.
- He / she will define the test plans and the procedures to assess the modem performances.
- He / she might support business development activities in drafting high-level modem architecture meeting customer high-level objectives issued through RFP.
- He / she might participate to conferences and sometimes present technical achievements.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master / PhD in Telecommunications engineering or equivalent through experience.
- Profound knowledge in Signal Processing Theory (Sampling, coding / decoding, modulation / demodulation, signal acquisition, filtering, AGC, ADC/DAC, control loops, etc.).
- Highly skilled in Matlab and C/C++ programming.
- Proven experience with parallelism design & development taking benefits of CPUs & GPUs (SSE / AVX, openCL, Cuda) are strong assets.
- Affinity with FPGA design constraints, ability to generate test vectors.
- Technical leadership.
- Ability to write technical documentation.
- Motivated, team player, dynamic, sense of ownership and commitment.
A professional and stimulating working environment in the space sector. We also offer you an attractive remuneration with many fringe benefits.
Send your application to hr@celestia-antwerp,be