Software Design Engineer
Celestia Antwerp BV is active in the space sector enabling customers to fulfill their needs when it comes to Satellite Integration with products reaching from Ground Station Products to Test Systems.
Are you driven by highly innovative technical environment? Are you looking for challenges enabling you to take an active role in Space programs? Then we may have a good news for you as Celestia Antwerp is actively looking for hiring
Software Design Engineer
The Software Engineer will join the department in charge of the development of satellite communication products which are part of the RF chain linking the ground station Antenna (S-Band up to Ka-Band) to its Central Control Station. These include equipment covering a wide span of products such as high-speed data receivers used in scientific missions, telecommand and telemetry baseband modem, RF frequency converters and many others.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- He / she will contribute to the development of the embedded software running in our products.
- He / she will contribute to the development of the Control Unit software used in ground station.
- He / she will document the architectural design choices made.
- He / she will secure his / her SW deliverables through wise unit testing coverage and will comply with code quality standards.
- He / she will contribute to the redaction of the test procedures.
- He / she might support business development activities in drafting high-level technical architecture meeting customer high-level objectives issued through RFP.
- He / she might participate to conferences and sometimes present technical achievements.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master in Telecommunications / Software Engineering or equivalent through experience.
- Highly skilled with embedded Linux and host Software development in C/C++, Python.
- Accustomed with digital communication systems and communication protocols of various kind.
- Proven experience with parallelism design & development taking benefits of CPUs & GPUs (Hyper threading, SSE / AVX, openCL, Cuda) are valuable assets.
- Ability to write technical documentation.
- Motivated, team player, dynamic, sense of ownership and commitment.
A professional and stimulating working environment in the space sector. We also offer you an attractive remuneration with many fringe benefits. Would you be interested, please send your motivation letter and your resume to
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org